Emily is flattered when Percy flirts with her. Mavis bakes a cake with a mystery ingredient in it. Annie and Hilda also bake cakes. Fred is amazed to find Miss Weatherfield selling kisses at the Fayre. Marion tells Winifred Willis about the wedding and she takes the news well. Elsie guesses that Marion is pregnant. She tells her that she's very happy for her. Rita runs the Bring and Buy stall, Mavis the cake stall, Vera the bingo stall and Percy the jumble. Eddie decides he'd like Hilda to know about the baby from him rather than hear from anyone else. Hilda is thrilled when the Deputy Mayoress, Mrs Winters buys Hilda's cake. Gail is sad when she has to start packing the house up. Albert guesses that the mystery ingredient in Mavis' cake is sage. When she gives him the cake he refuses to take it as only a fool would eat a cake with sage in. Victor is horrified when his pottery ends up on the plate-smashing stall. Eddie tells Hilda that Marion is pregnant; she is disappointed in them but also pleased for them.
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Victor Pendlebury - Christopher Coll
- Susan Denton - Amanda Bairstow
- David Denton - Mark Aspinall
- Miss Weatherfield - Rachel Laurence
- Mrs Winters - Rita Lester
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Community Centre
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room
- Final appearance of Doris Speed as Annie Walker.
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie finds out Eddie and Marion's secret, so Eddie feels he has to tell Hilda. The Autumn Fayre leads to laughter and tears.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,500,000 viewers (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|October 1983 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|