Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th November 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||2nd November 1983|
|Next episode||9th November 1983|
The disco-goers cause sleepless nights for the residents. Percy tries to worm his way into Emily's affections by doing jobs around the house for her. Elsie is roughed up and pushed about by drunks from the disco. Curly cuts his thumb on glass in Emily's rubbish. Emily feels responsible and dresses the wound for him. Fred hears from Eunice that she wants a divorce. Ken decides to write a piece in the Weatherfield Recorder slamming the Graffiti Club. Emily is surprised that Curly has good qualifications but works on the bins. She contemplates taking a student in as a lodger as she's so lonely. Sally Waterman warns Ken that he has to be careful what he says about the club as it advertises in the paper. Ken writes an article criticising the disco. Mike tells him that he wants to take out more full-page advertisements. Ken agrees but Mike wants him to write a piece praising the club.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- TV Times synopsis: Fred hears from Eunice that she wants a divorce. Emily decides to take a lodger.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,013,000 viewers (2nd place).
|November 1983 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th;|