|ITV transmission date||7th December 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||5th December 1983|
|Next episode||12th December 1983|
The factory girls are amazed that Ivy is no longer supervisor. Vera and Shirley ask Mike to reinstate her but he refuses. Stan is horrified that he has to have a bath for the party. Rita is fed up of Len working in Ashton until all hours. The Yeats' treat the Ogdens' party as a farewell party. Vera is put out that she hasn't been invited to the party. Mike leads Elsie to believe she could have the supervisor's job. Alf toasts the Ogdens as their children aren't around. The residents join in the congratulations. Eddie says that the Ogdens have been like parents to him and he'll miss them. Jack agrees to play the piano if he and Vera can have free drinks. Rita sings for the partygoers. The Yeats' say their goodbyes and leave. Hilda is touched when Rita sings "We've been together now for forty years". The police arrive at the party to break the news to Rita that Len has been killed.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Marion Yeats - Veronica Doran
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and Select
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- Last appearance of Eddie Yeats until 30th November 1987.
- Final appearance of Veronica Doran as Marion Yeats.
- TV Times synopsis: The factory girls fail to get Ivy Tilsley reinstated as supervisor - and Elsie Tanner bids for the job. It's the Ogdens' ruby wedding day.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,954,000 viewers (1st place).
- This episode was included on the following commercial releases:
|December 1983 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|