Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th December 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||12th December 1983|
|Next episode||19th December 1983|
Bet decides not to go to Len's funeral because of her affair with him as she doesn't want to upset Rita. Elsie, Mavis, Sharon, Mike, Emily, Alf, Fred and Betty help Rita bury Len. Mavis doesn't understand why Len was killed on the M61 when he was meant to be in Ashton. Rita puts on a brave face throughout the service but breaks down on her own. Mike apologises to Ivy for rowing with her and gives her the supervisor's job back. Rita has to face up to the fact that Len wasn't returning home from Ashton when he died.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Rosamund Street
- TV Times synopsis: Len Fairclough's funeral - and the Street mourns. But his widow Rita is left with a mystery.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,970,000 viewers (2nd place).
|December 1983 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|