Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th March 1963 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||13th March 1963|
|Next episode||20th March 1963|
Esther agrees to Christine moving in with her. Swindley can't find anyone to look after the Mission Hall in Ena's absence. Elsie calls Christine malicious over her moving in with Esther. She blames Christine for bringing bother onto herself and rows with Esther. Esther has to stop herself from hitting Elsie. Swindley agrees to let Jed look after the Mission for £4 a week. Frank accuses Christine of running away. Fred Jackson at the chip shop tells Doreen that Len was after the landlord's address.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Christine Appleby - Christine Hargreaves
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- TV Times synopsis: Christine prepares for a move; and Jed does an honest night's work
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,567,000 homes (2nd place).
|March 1963 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|