Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||21st December 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||19th December 1983|
|Next episode||26th December 1983|
Curly tries to build up courage to ask Sharon out. Elsie gets a barmaid's job at the Tropicana pub. Bet warns her that the pub is a dive. Curly travels to Heaton Park and lets two of Jack's pigeons loose. He finds one of them, Jimmy, has died on the journey. Fred is furious that his pigeon has died. He puts the dead bird into the coop and declares he's won the bet as it's first home. Bet, as holder of the bet money, agrees that Fred has won and gives him the £20. Elsie asks Mike if she can withdraw her notice but he tells her it wouldn't be a good idea; she obviously doesn't fit in at the factory. Rita finds Mrs Proctor's completed job in Len's files. Rita phones her again but has the phone slammed down once more.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Coronation Street exterior - Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Yard
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard - Office
- Heaton Park
- TV Times synopsis: The Street prepares for Christmas, and Rita gets closer to solving the riddle of why Len died where he did. Fred Gee and Jack Duckworth's pigeon race ends in uproar when the winning bird crosses the line in unusual circumstances.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,191,000 viewers (1st place).
|December 1983 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|