|ITV transmission date||26th December 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||21st December 1983|
|Next episode||28th December 1983|
Curly is frustrated as he can't muster the courage to ask Sharon out. He writes a poem to her, putting down his feelings for her. Elsie has a lonely Christmas, alone at No.11. Rita tells Alf about her worries about Len and Mrs Proctor. He agrees to drive her to Bolton. Curly gives Sharon his poem. She is embarrassed by it. Bill Gregory returns to the Street to pay his respects to Rita on hearing of Len's death. Rita calls on Mrs Proctor but she refuses to talk to her and slams the door in her face. Elsie starts at the Tropicana and is horrified as it's so rough. Rita believes Len was with Mrs Proctor the night he died. She feels that the thought of that night is blocking out all the good memories she has of Len. Bill introduces himself to Rita and tells her that Len will be greatly missed. He is amazed to discover Elsie is still living in the Street as he thought she was in Newcastle and still married to Alan Howard.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Dover Close, Bolton
- This episode was transmitted at 6.00pm
- First appearance of Bill Gregory since 25th February 1970.
- On the day that this episode was broadcast, Violet Carson died at the age of eighty-five.
- TV Times synopsis: Len Fairclough's widow, Rita, calls on the woman involved in his mysterious death. Curly Watts confesses to Emily Bishop that he is attracted to Sharon Gaskell - but what does she think of him?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 10,315,000 viewers (20th place). This was the lowest-rated episode of the year.
|December 1983 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|