Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th December 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||26th December 1983|
|Next episode||2nd January 1984|
Bill Gregory worries that Elsie won't recognise him anymore. Elsie resigns from the Tropicana. Marjorie Proctor calls on Rita. She apologises for upsetting her. Rita tells her that she wants to know everything. Marjorie tells her that she met Len a year ago; Len fitted her kitchen. Her husband had died and Len had helped her talk through it. Curly invites Sharon to tea but she isn't keen. Marjorie tells Rita that she's asked Len to see her on the day he died, that's why he died on his way to Bolton. Rita demands to know if she slept with Len, and Marjorie tells her that she did. Rita ends up comforting Marjorie as she misses her dead husband. Rita promises her that she doesn't think bad of her. Elsie is stunned to see Bill again. He tells her about his wonderful life in Portugal. Sharon agrees to have tea with Curly but asks him not to write any more poems. Elsie is thrilled to have Bill back, even if it is only briefly.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Transmission of this episode was delayed by five minutes to allow for a short tribute to Violet Carson who had died two days previously. This insert gained 13,219,000 viewers and was placed third in the national charts. At 10.20pm, in the Granada region only, episode Episode 742 (24th January 1968) was repeated as a further tribute.
- TV Times synopsis: The mystery woman comes to see Rita - and tells about her relationship with Len. Elsie Tanner and an old flame are reunited, and take a trip down memory lane.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,798,000 viewers (2nd place).
|December 1983 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|