|ITV transmission date||2nd January 1984 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||28th December 1983|
|Next episode||4th January 1984|
Curly prepares a meal to impress Sharon but she would rather go to see UB40 with Terry. Emily fears he's going to be disappointed with the evening. Stan stubs his toe on a loose paving stone. Hilda considers suing the Council. Bill Gregory takes Elsie for a meal. Sharon refuses to stay on her own with Curly and insists that he takes her to the Rovers however once there, she dumps Curly and goes to see UB40 with Terry and his friend Andy. Curly is shell-shocked. Elsie hopes that Bill will stay with her but he tells her that he has to return to Portugal.
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Dog and Gun - Public
- This Bank Holiday episode was transmitted at 6.30pm.
- The interior of The Dog and Gun pub used for location filming was the Pineapple on Water Street in Manchester, which stood across the road from the site of the Grape Street set. The exterior of the pub was used for outside broadcast location recording in Episode 1404 (1st July 1974). It was later bought by Granada Television and demolished to make way for a car park for the Granada Studios Tour.
- TV Times synopsis: Curly Watts entertains Sharon Gaskell to tea - and then she walks off with someone else. Elsie Tanner has a night out with Bill Gregory.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,883,000 viewers (3rd place).
|January 1984 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|