Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||16th January 1984 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||11th January 1984|
|Next episode||18th January 1984|
Mike is puzzled by Don Watkins' figures about the club, it seems that business is bad. Fred starts to sell raffle tickets at £1 each. The hospital in Southport contacts Ivy and tells her that Bert is dying. She rushes to be with him. Gail tries to contact Brian but he's on a job. Brian returns from attending to an accident - he rushes to the hospital on hearing the news. Watkins' girlfriend, Judi Spencer, tells Mike that he's got a cabin cruiser at Abersoch. Ivy is with Bert when he dies. Brian arrives to comfort her and takes her home.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Graffiti Club
- Unnamed hospital, Southport - Relatives' room and corridor
- The end credits to this episode were played with no theme music.
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of Betty Driver in the role of Betty Williams.
- TV Times synopsis: Ivy Tilsley gets bad news about husband Bert, and dashes to see him. Takings are down at the Graffiti Club - but Mike Baldwin hears manager Don Watkins has plenty to spend.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,416,000 viewers (2nd place).
|January 1984 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|