The Weatherfield Recorder runs the story of Stan's big toe, carrying a blown-up picture of the toe in question. Hilda is horrified and accuses Ken of making Stan a laughing stock. Hilda allows Stan to go to the Rovers. The regulars take the mickey out of him and his toe. Emily tells Mike that Don Watkins has fiddled £6,000 out of the stock. Mike can't believe he's been so stupid. Alf assures Rita he intends to help her all he can. Mike tells Alec Yardley about Watkins' swindling. Mike tells him that he wants the Police brought in but Yardley doesn't want them involved.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Final appearance of Jack Howarth as Albert Tatlock. His departure left William Roache as the only continuous original cast member from Episode 1 (9th December 1960).
- TV Times synopsis: Mike's worst fears are realised as he unravels the Graffiti Club swindle - and there's more than money missing. Hilda pursues her claim for compensation while Stan becomes a Rovers pin-up.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,067,000 viewers (1st place).
|January 1984 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|