Hilda employs a solicitor, Mr Melia, to help her sue the Council. He is confident that the Council will settle out of court. Mike wants Don Watkins to go to prison but Alec Yardley wants to find him himself and tells Mike he'll give him all he's owed. Yardley offers to buy Mike out of the club and Mike agrees to this. Rita is thankful that she has Alf to lean on.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Rosamund Street exterior
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Solicitor's office
- Albert Tatlock (Jack Howarth) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike fights to recover his losses on the Graffiti Club. Hilda seeks legal advice and ends up advising the solicitor.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,876,000 viewers (2nd place).
|January 1984 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|