Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th January 1984 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||25th January 1984|
|Next episode||1st February 1984|
Fred persuades Percy to buy a raffle ticket. Terry considers moving out of No.9 as he's tired of supporting Jack. Hilda offers him a room at No.13. Stan refuses to sleep downstairs anymore. He mistakes a Council official, Mr Toft, for the solicitor and tells him that he wants to fleece the Council. Fred has only sold sixteen tickets. Betty advises him to cancel the raffle. Alf takes Rita out for a meal to cheer her up. Vera tells Hilda to keep out of their family affairs; accusing her of enticing Terry away.Percy refuses to sell Fred his raffle ticket back, insisting that the raffle is drawn as it's the law.
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Fred panics when he realises that he'll lose money on the raffle for his Rover car and tries to buy the tickets back. Stan puts his foot in it when he mistakes a man from the Town Hall for Hilda's solicitor.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,663,000 viewers (3rd place).
|January 1984 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|