Hilda celebrates her birthday. Stan buys her a jewellery box. Mr Melia, the solicitor, tells her that the Council have made an offer out of court. Stanley Fairclough writes to Rita telling her that he has no money and is unemployed. She realises he's after money. Mavis warns Rita that Alf is obviously keen on her. Mr Melia tells the Ogdens that the Council are offering £200. The Ogdens are disappointed but agree. Percy refuses to give his raffle ticket up, even when Fred offers him £2. Fred goes for him, threatening him with violence but Percy is undaunted. Alf tells Rita that she's attractive and still has a life to lead. Terry gives Hilda T-bone steaks for her birthday. Jack advises Fred to buy tickets off himself and include them in the raffle with Percy's ticket. He gets Hilda to draw the raffle. Hilda draws Percy's ticket and Fred is devastated.
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Solicitor's Office
- TV Times synopsis: Despite some sabotage from Fred, somebody wins his Rover car; and Stan settles for compensation over his toe injury.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,566,000 viewers (1st place).
|February 1984 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|