Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th March 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||5th March 1984|
|Next episode||12th March 1984|
Stan continues to take money from the bank and kids Hilda that he's on a winning streak with his betting. Rita is thrilled with her new car. Ken and Deirdre ask Billy to invite Percy back into the Rovers. He refuses to listen to them and tells them that they can take their custom elsewhere. Mavis complains that there's too much chutney in the Rovers' sandwiches. Billy is annoyed and bars her from the pub as well. Rita tells Mavis she'll pay for her flat to be decorated if she'll take driving lessons. Mavis agrees. Hilda receives a bank statement and discovers Stan has withdrawn £40. She accuses Stan of stealing the money but he is adamant that it was his money. She tries to make him see they'll need the money to live on soon. Billy tries to make up with Deirdre but she refuses to speak to him. Alf stands by Deirdre and bars him from the shop.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Final appearance of Bernard Youens as Stan Ogden.
- TV Times synopsis: Retribution awaits big spender Stan Ogden when wife Hilda finds out where he has been getting his money from.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,472,000 viewers (2nd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|March 1984 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|