Bill installs himself at the Yard and puts up his own sign. Rita agrees to pay for Mavis to have a proper driving instructor. Gail is annoyed that Brian is upsetting Ivy by accusing her of forgetting Bert. Vera tells Brian that Ivy is a woman and she's lonely; she's got a life to lead and he's just plain selfish. Mavis is given two tickets to an Amateur Operatic production. She has her first lesson with instructor Alan Livesey. Brian lays into Kevin for spending time at the Yard when he should be at the garage. Dick Lewis tells Mavis that he'll accompany her to the Gilbert and Sullivan. Ivy and Arthur Whittaker go to the bowls club dance.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Builder's Yard and office
- TV Times synopsis: A row develops between Brian Tilsley and Vera Duckworth when she tries to make him see sense over his mother Ivy's date with Arthur Whitaker. Rita Fairclough fixes Mavis Riley up with a professional driving instructor - and a night out with a decorator.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,777,000 viewers (3rd place).
|March 1984 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|