Mavis comes down with a streaming cold. She tries to get better in time for the concert. Ivy doesn't like Arthur's possessive attitude. She fears he's set his sights on her and she doesn't like him that way. He gives her flowers and tells her that he'll pick her up for bingo without giving her a chance to say she doesn't want to see him. Bill can't afford insurance and finds it hard to start up without any financial backing. He wants to do a job for Mike but needs some capital before he can start. Mike refuses to pay him before he starts. Billy decides to return to Jersey as Fred is coming back. Arthur is all over Ivy. She tells him she's not ready for a relationship and she doesn't want to see him again. He accuses her of leading him on and feels that Brian has put her off. Dick Lewis gets ready for the concert in Mavis' flat. She is too ill to attend it. She is embarrassed when Alan Livesey calls on her and finds Dick putting on his trousers.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Builder's Yard and office
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis Riley catches flu, but her temperature soars to boiling point when she is caught in an embarrassing situation. Arthur Whitaker is getting serious about Ivy Tilsley, and she has some decisions to make.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,583,000 viewers (1st place).
|March 1984 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|