Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th March 1984 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||21st March 1984|
|Next episode||28th March 1984|
Fred returns to the Rovers, minus his appendix. The brewery sends him two tickets for the annual dance. Emily campaigns for funds to repair the Mawdsley Street Chapel roof. Fred asks Rita to go to the dance with him but with quick thinking she says she has to visit a sick child in hospital. Emily asks Bill if he can repair the chapel roof but Bill thinks the job is too big for him. Mavis doesn't know if she can ever face Alan Livesey again. Kevin boosts Bill's confidence and he agrees to give Emily an estimate for the chapel job. Fred asks Bet to go to the dance with him. She knows that she's a last resort and tells him it's not right that she should go when Betty is more senior. She turns the invitation down.
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- TV Times synopsis: Fred Gee gets an invitation to the brewery dinner-dance and starts searching for a partner. Rita Fairclough pulls Mavis Riley's leg about an embarrassing incident with the decorator and the driving instructor.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,788,000 viewers (2nd place).
|March 1984 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|