When Fred tells her no one else will go to the dance with him, Bet agrees to go. Bill looks at the chapel roof. He tells Emily that he could do the job but can't get the material he needs on credit so won't be able to do the job. Mavis explains to Alan Livesey about Dick Lewis' presence in her flat. Betty is cool towards Fred as he didn't invite her to the brewery dance. She refuses to look after the pub on her own whilst he takes Bet to the dance. Rita hears that Bill can't start work as he has no capital. She tells him that she'll lend him £1,000 at 10% interest.
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard and office
- Unknown streets in Weatherfield
- This episode was broadcast at 7.10pm to allow for coverage of the Milk Cup (Football League Cup) final.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch agrees to go to the brewery 'do' with Fred Gee, but Betty Turpin refuses to run the Rovers on her own. Bill Webster is short of capital to take on the chapel roof job - until Rita Fairclough offers to help.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,408,000 viewers (4th place).
|March 1984 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|