Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th March 1963 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||25th March 1963|
|Next episode||1st April 1963|
Christine tells Concepta she wrote the letter because she couldn't stay in the Street being talked about any longer and couldn't bring herself to tell Elsie and Frank. Swindley gives Jed a warning about misusing the Mission Hall. Jed can't bring himself to tell Minnie he's moving on. He tells Sheila he's going to do a midnight flit. Ken tells Concepta it would be good for Lucille to go abroad but she tells him it would mean the rest of the family would not get a holiday. Jed drives off to Liverpool with a drunken Len in the back of the car.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Christine Appleby - Christine Hargreaves
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Last appearance of Jed Stone until 31st January 1966.
- TV Times synopsis: Sonny Jim leaves No. 5, and for once words fail him. (Note the varient spelling of the usual "Sunny Jim" which appeared in the magazine)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,449,000 homes (2nd place).
|March 1963 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|