Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st March 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Previous episode||24th February 1961|
|Next episode||3rd March 1961|
Elsie is perturbed to find the python is seven-foot long. Dennis tells her he's minding it for Eunice Bond who's in London looking for work. Elsie thinks Eunice is taking Dennis for a mug and wishes he was normal. Stung, Dennis tells her he couldn't bring a decent girl home because of her. A furious Elsie orders the snake out of the house. Under Ena's supervision, Albert boils his kettle and it takes forty-one minutes to boil due to the poor gas pressure. She makes note of it and makes Albert sign to say the information is correct. Martha and Minnie compare their own timings and also sign their declarations. David has cooked tea as Ida is visiting her mother. Ken worries about the cost to his parents of staying at university. Frank assures him that it's not a problem and they go to the Rovers together for the first time. Elsie is flattered when Annie tells her she doesn't look old enough to be a grandmother. Ena is annoyed that Minnie's gas took far less time than anyone else's to boil her kettle and makes her alter her form. The next day, Ena takes her figures to the Town Hall where she runs rings round clerks Phil Braithwaite and Norman Dobson. While waiting, she reads a surveyors' department notice and instantly gives up making her complaint. She goes back to the Rovers where she tells Minnie and Martha that she's read a notice about the proposed demolition of Coronation Street.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and Ken and David's bedroom
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Weatherfield Town Hall - Meter Enquiries Department
- Dennis Tanner refers to Eunice Bond as "Joyce".
- Ken Barlow tells Jack Walker he is studying History but his results in Episode 64 (24th July 1961) are in English and History.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 4,910,000 homes (chart placing unknown).
|March 1961 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|