Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th April 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||2nd April 1984|
|Next episode||9th April 1984|
Terry and Kevin didn't enjoy their blind dates as the girls brought along a friend. Knowing he needs a reference, Bill tries to make the peace with Alf. He asks for a reference but Alf refuses. Alf tells Rita that she's stupid to lend a stranger money. She tells him that it's her business and nothing to do with him. She accuses him of being petty by not giving Bill a reference. Terry realises Curly is as boring as the odd girl he dated and persuades him to date her himself to get her off his back. Curly jumps at the chance. Kath Goodwin flirts with Fred and he employs her for the full week. Alf gives Bill a reference - Bill thanks him.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Tilsley's Garage
- Last appearance of Fred Gee until 9th July 1984 as Fred Feast fell ill.
- TV Times synopsis: Fred Gee plots to ditch Bet Lynch and take the new barmaid to the brewery do.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,607,000 viewers (2nd place).
|April 1984 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|