|ITV transmission date||25th April 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||23rd April 1984|
|Next episode||30th April 1984|
Curly and Elaine Pollard spend the night together in the boat when it breaks down. Emily is upset with Curly when he finally arrives home because he didn't phone her beforehand to say that he was safe. He is touched that someone worries about him. A TV detector van roams the area. Bill finds someone has stolen all the lead off the chapel roof. He calls in the police. The police tell Emily they're surprised she employed Bill in the first place. Jack panics when the detector van calls in the Street. He tries to stop the family watching the TV but the detector operators call anyway. Vera swears she gave Jack the money to buy the licence but discovers he kept the money instead.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Frank Harvey - Nick Stringer
- Gill Collins - Rachel Ambler
- Mandy Whitworth - Cory Pulman (Credited as "Mandie Whitworth")
- Elaine Pollard - Janette Beverley
- Ossie Turnbull - Robert Booth
- PC Woodhouse - Andy Rashleigh
- Det Constable Banks - Bill McGuirk
- Mr Tucker - Charles Haggith
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- Mawdsley Street
- Mawdsley Street Chapel - Roof
- In a continuity error, Ken Barlow calls Deirdre "Anne".
- TV Times synopsis: A TV detector van cruises around the Street - and somebody gets nabbed! Curly turns up, but where did he spend the night and with who?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,360,000 viewers (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005. The version included was that which aired on Granada Plus satellite channel in 1999, which was shorter than the original version by several minutes.
|April 1984 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|