Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd May 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||30th April 1984|
|Next episode||7th May 1984|
Jack has a load of shower units which he tries to sell. Brian is full of his new friend Gary Dewhurst. He tries to get Gail to join them at the club but she is upset that he doesn't want to spend his evenings with the family. Mr Barker tells Bill that the chapel committee don't want him to complete his work. Bill is furious as he's laid out money. Vera tells Terry that she'll go to prison if she doesn't find £400. She asks him to give her his holiday money. He refuses to give it to her. He is fed up of not having any home comforts. Emily feels awful that Bill has been taken off the chapel job. Bill agrees to take five of Jack's shower units on sale or return. Brian buys a leather jacket from Gary. Gail is annoyed that he's spent £50 on it. Bill discovers that the Police have informed the chapel committee that they suspect him of theft; they believe he stole the fittings from the corporation. Terry leaves home. Vera is upset that Jack didn't try to stop him. To the dismay of the staff who remember him from his disastrous relief job in 1981, Gordon Lewis replaces Frank Harvey at the Rovers.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mr Barker - Arthur Cox
- Frank Harvey - Nick Stringer
- Det Constable Banks - Bill McGuirk
- Gordon Lewis - David Daker
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Builder's Yard and office
- TV Times synopsis: The Duckworths argue about the unpaid TV licence.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,887,000 viewers (3rd place).
|May 1984 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|