|ITV transmission date||14th May 1984 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||9th May 1984|
|Next episode||16th May 1984|
Terry upsets Hilda by spending the night with Gill Collins. Billy has sold his share in the wine bar in Jersey. Beattie Pearson calls on the Barlows and tells them that Albert has died while he was staying with her. Gordon Lewis doesn't like Billy being in the Rovers and fears he's going to take the pub on. Gary Dewhurst tells Brian that he has a villa in Spain and asks him to come away with them. Beattie arranges the funeral. She convinces herself that she was the perfect daughter. Ken tactfully lets her believe what she wants to. Beattie tells Ken that Albert looked upon him as a son. Gail feels that Ivy is run-down and plans a family holiday. Gordon is annoyed when Billy tells Bet that she can leave early. Bet enjoys stirring things between them. Brian tells Gail about going to Spain. She is astonished that he plans to leave Nicky with Ivy. Gail tells him that if they go on holiday they should take Nicky and Ivy. Brian accuses Gail of being awkward.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington (Credited as "Percy Ogden")
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Gordon Lewis - David Daker
- Beattie Pearson - Gabrielle Daye
- Gary Dewhurst - John Bowler
- June Dewhurst - Beverley Callard (Credited as "Beverley Sowden")
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Beverley Callard, acting under the name "Beverley Sowden", makes a pre-Liz McDonald appearance as June Dewhurst.
- TV Times synopsis: It's a last sad farewell to the street's old soldier. Gail Tilsley falls out with husband Brian over taking his mother, Ivy, on holiday with them.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,353,000 viewers (2nd place).
|May 1984 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|