Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||16th May 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||14th May 1984|
|Next episode||21st May 1984|
Stan celebrates his 65th birthday in bed. Bet advises Gordon Lewis to find out from the brewery why Billy is back. Terry finds himself giving Stan money to place bets. Ivy is disappointed that the Tilsleys are going on holiday with the Dewhursts. Gail doesn't like the sound of topless beaches. Terry returns home, telling Hilda he feels that it's his duty to live there. Hilda makes him admit living at No.13 was like living with his parents. Billy, Emily and the Barlows attend Albert's funeral. Beattie Pearson goes through his things and gives Ken his Military Medal. Brian accuses Gail of being a killjoy as she's reluctant to go to Spain. She tells him that she wants a family holiday. He agrees. Gordon accuses Bet of sending him into a trap; the brewery did not know Billy was back but as he is Gordon must leave. Bet is delighted. Vera is thrilled to have Terry back. Terry tells Jack that they should split the TV licence money three ways. Jack agrees. Vera hears noises at No.11 and, with Ivy, knocks on the door. They find that Linda Cheveski has moved in.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington (Credited as "Percy Ogden")
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Gordon Lewis - David Daker
- Beattie Pearson - Gabrielle Daye
- Gary Dewhurst - John Bowler
- June Dewhurst - Beverley Callard (Credited as "Beverley Sowden")
- Rovers Return Inn
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- First appearance of Linda Cheveski since 29th May 1968
- Beverley Callard, acting under the name "Beverley Sowden", makes a pre-Liz McDonald appearance as June Dewhurst.
- TV Times synopsis: Ivy Tilsley hopes to holiday with son Brian and his wife Gail - but they are invited for a villa vacation with their new friends, Gary and June Dewhurst.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,134,000 viewers (1st place).
|May 1984 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|