|ITV transmission date||23rd May 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||21st May 1984|
|Next episode||28th May 1984|
Bet meets Vinny Morris from Strangeways and gives him £20. Bill repairs all the rotten wood at No.11. Eddie phones Hilda with the news that Marion has had a 9lb 2oz girl. Bet feeds Vinny and is flattered when he chats her up. He tells her he can't trust himself to be alone. She falls for his line and takes care of him. Billy tries to interest Mike in buying his wine bar and pays him the money he owes him. Bet begins to worry as Vinny makes sexual overtones towards her. Eddie phones her and asks her why she didn't pick Vinny up; her Vinny was an imposter. Bet is furious when he runs off. Billy flirts with Deirdre, taking advantage of Ken being away. Betty finds the till is £50 down and realises Billy took the money to pay Mike back.
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Strangeways Jail - Exterior
- Sue's Pantry - Cafe
- This episode was broadcast at 7.15pm to allow for coverage of the UEFA Cup Final.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch's willingness to help a friend takes her to prison and a meeting with an old lag. Hard-up Billy Walker sets out to sell Mike Baldwin a part share in a Jersey business.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,964,000 viewers (5th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|May 1984 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|