The estate agent tells Linda that someone wants to buy No.11, and they want her to move out. She is upset that Bill went behind her back to the estate agent. Deirdre tells Emily that Billy knows about Mike and her. She breaks down, not knowing what to do. Mavis passes her test first time. She is disappointed that she won't see Alan Livesey anymore. Deirdre asks Billy to drop all thoughts of Mike and her; their affair is over. Billy promises her that he won't tell anyone. Elsie phones Linda, via Ken and tells her to vacate the house. After celebrating in the Rovers, Mavis backs into Jack's taxi. She feels she's a menace and swears never to drive again. Bill celebrates when Elsie accepts his offer of £11,500 for the house. He tells Linda that there's no rush for her to leave.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie Tanner and daughter Linda Cheveski have a row over the phone, and Linda is told she must leave Elsie's house. Deirdre Barlow decides to plead with Billy Walker to keep silent about her illicit fling with Mike Baldwin.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,679,000 viewers (2nd place).
|June 1984 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|