Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd April 1963 (Wedneday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||1st April 1963|
|Next episode||8th April 1963|
Frank gets his outfit ready but Christine tells him that she can't marry him because she doesn't love him. Frank can't believe she's left it so late before telling him. Wormold threatens to bring in the bailiffs if Elsie doesn't pay the rent.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Christine Appleby - Christine Hargreaves
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 7 Coronation Street - Back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- TV Times synopsis: Christine takes the plunge, and Elsie prepares to put up the shutters.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,331,000 homes (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
Christine Appleby: "I trap myself. I run into traps. I should stand still. But I run on roofs, away from men, towards men. Away from myself, mainly. Why do people never hit me for what I do to 'em? They should hit me more."
|April 1963 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|