Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||13th June 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||11th June 1984|
|Next episode||18th June 1984|
Rita gets annoyed when Mavis refuses to drive the car. Bill repays Rita her £1,100. Sally Waterman's article "binman boffin spots UFO" is printed. Curly is embarrassed when everyone laughs at him. Debbie calls at No.11 and persuades Linda to show her round it. Emily convinces Curly that his friends are envious of him, and that's why they're laughing at him. Mavis manages to get behind the wheel again. Jack gives her a bill for £129.95 to repair the car. She is shocked as she was expecting a £30 bill. Linda gets annoyed by Debbie's pushy manner and throws her out. Rita tells Mavis that Jack must be taking her for a ride. She advises her to talk to Brian about the work. A national newspaper and the local radio tell Sally that they're interested in Curly's story. She asks Curly to write his own account and she'll print it word for word. He agrees. Mavis tells Jack that she'll pay for the damage she caused but won't pay for the other repairs.
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard - Office
- TV Times synopsis: Rita Fairclough steps in to stop Jack Duckworth from cheating Mavis Riley as he tries to get her to pay for all his taxi repairs. Curly Watts is famous when his UFO tale appears in the Recorder.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,333,000 viewers (1st place).
|June 1984 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|