Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th June 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||18th June 1984|
|Next episode||25th June 1984|
Jack offers to pay Brian weekly but Brian refuses to let it go. Curly holds court in the Snug with Elaine, Gill and Mandy who think he's wonderful now that he's been on the radio. Kevin and Terry aren't amused when their girls are all over Curly. Curly is stunned when a lunatic, Alban Pilkington, calls on him asking him what his space brothers looked like. He is disappointed when Curly says he didn't see anyone. Linda apologises to Bill and hopes that he'll take an interest in her. She is upset that he is only interested in the house and promises to leave immediately. Jack tries to steal the car from Brian's garage but finds Kevin and Terry with the girls in it.
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gill Collins - Rachel Ambler
- Mandy Whitworth - Cory Pulman
- Elaine Pollard - Janette Beverley
- Alban Pilkington - Bob Hewiss (Credited as "Bob Hewis")
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Builder's Yard
- Tilsley's Garage
- Final appearance of Anne Cunningham as Linda Cheveski and the last occasion on which a character from Episode 1, other than Ken Barlow, appeared in the main programme until Philip Lowrie returned as Dennis Tanner in Episode 7599 on 12th May 2011. However this wasn't Anne's final appearance in anything Coronation Street-related as she went on to appear in the 1987 VHS special The Life and Loves of Elsie Tanner, in character as Linda in scenes specially shot for the video.
- TV Times synopsis: When Linda Cheveski finds out that Bill Webster is buying her mother Elsie's house, she asks him to tea - and makes a proposition. Brian Tilsley has taken Jack Duckworth's cab, so Jack resorts to desperate measures…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,084,000 viewers (1st place).
|June 1984 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|