|ITV transmission date||2nd July 1984 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Designer|| Eric Deakins|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||27th June 1984|
|Next episode||4th July 1984|
Mike is annoyed to find more and more buyers are cancelling orders to buy denim from the Far East. Billy's old partner phones him, demanding his £3,000 back. Billy tells Emily that he'll help her with her fundraising any way he can. Audrey Potter calls on Gail and tells her that she's engaged to be married. Gail refuses to get excited as she's heard it all before. Audrey introduces everyone to George Hepworth. Ivy discovers that Mike has been reading up on Japanese Production Methods.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- First appearance of Shirley Armitage since 15th February 1984.
- First appearance of Ida Clough since 15th February 1984.
- First appearance of Audrey Potter since 7th April 1982.
- TV Times synopsis: Billy Walker has reasons of his own for agreeing to help Emily Bishop with her hospital charity. There are mixed feelings in the Tilsley's when Gail's mother, Audrey Potter, announces her engagement.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,225,000 viewers (1st place).
|July 1984 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|