Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th July 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Designer|| Eric Deakins|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||2nd July 1984|
|Next episode||9th July 1984|
Mike urges the girls to be more competitive and wants them to be more work-conscious like the Japanese. Billy organises a Pub Olympics in the Street against The Flying Horse to raise funds for Emily's appeal. Percy volunteers himself to head the committee for the Street Olympics. He is put out when Alf is appointed over him. Percy has to settle for deputy. Alf is thrilled to see Audrey again but is disappointed to hear that she's engaged. Mike has a meeting with a Japanese business man, in view of the machinists. Ivy worries what he's up to. The Pub Olympics committee - Emily, Mavis, Alf, Percy, Curly and Billy sort out the contest. They agree on a talent contest for the evening. Mavis is nominated as concert organiser, much to her horror. Mike tells the girls they have a lot to learn from the Japanese in their attitudes to work. He tells them that from now on he's going to make sure they work constantly. Audrey tells Gail that Alf is the only man who was good to her but George Hepworth loves her and she's glad that he wants to marry her. Percy volunteers his services to Mavis as a farmyard impersonator. Ivy feels out of things now Audrey is getting married.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: The factory girls think Mike Baldwin is bluffing bout introducing Japanese work methods. But all that changes when they meet the inscrutable Mr Yakimoto. The Rovers' regulars prepare for an 'Olympics' against the Flying Horse.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,325,000 viewers (3rd place).
|July 1984 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|