Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th April 1963 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||3rd April 1963|
|Next episode||10th April 1963|
Frank goes to Scarborough to recuperate. Schoolgirl Rita Spears tells Lucille she fancies Ken. Lucille promises to get her a photo of him. Val gives her one, thinking she admires Ken herself. Bailiff Mr. Riding arrives to sort Elsie out. He tries to break into No.11 but the residents see him off. Swindley discovers that Elsie is covered by the 1957 Rent Act and the bailiffs need a court order before entering the house. In glee, Elsie signs all the bailiffs' forms before discovering that because she went away for a few weeks in 1960 she is not covered by the Act.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- TV Times synopsis: Enter the bailiffs! And Kenneth finds an admirer.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,459,000 homes (1st place).
|April 1963 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|