|ITV transmission date||18th July 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||16th July 1984|
|Next episode||23rd July 1984|
Gail refuses to be a witness at Audrey and George Hepworth's wedding. Mike finds a stuffed image of himself in the factory's sewing room. Billy assures Emily that he's after a business loan. He implies that he will spread it around about Deirdre and Mike's affair if Deirdre stands in his way of getting the money. Mike is annoyed to see the girls kicking and hitting his effigy to get rid of their frustrations. Emily realises that she's being blackmailed by Billy and decides to lend him the money. Deirdre is horrified that she's doing it for her. Gail tells Ivy, in confidence, that George made a pass at her. Ivy advises her to tell Audrey for her own sake. Betty tells Mike that Billy is after Emily's money. Gail tells Audrey about George's pass. Audrey tries not to believe the story and accuses Gail of encouraging him. Audrey decides to tick George off. Mike tells Emily not to lend Billy money. He forces out of her the fact that Billy knows about his affair with Deirdre and is blackmailing her into giving him the money. Mike tells her that he'll sort Billy out and not to worry about anything. Audrey forgives George and refuses to let the incident stand in the way of her marriage. Gail wishes her luck. Mike tells Ivy that he's finished with Japan - he's into computers now. Mike tells Billy that if he takes Emily's money he'll go to the Police and the authorities; Samantha Benson told him all about Billy's crooked deals in Jersey. Billy knows he's beaten.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Last appearance of Audrey Potter until 29th October 1984.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail Tilsley reveals a shock secret to her mother. And Mike Baldwin has plans for greater efficiency.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,561,000 viewers (2nd place).
|July 1984 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|