Mike decides to frighten the girls by bringing computers into the factory. Sally Waterman hopes to find something out about the Council's new shopping plaza for a Weatherfield Recorder story. Mike tells the girls that he's going to tattoo barcodes onto their arms so the computer can check them in and out. Ivy and Vera are horrified. Sally tells Ken that she appreciates the way he lets her write articles. A debt collector tells Billy that if he doesn't repay the £3,000 in seven days Peter Lasalle will prosecute. Alf doesn't like the idea of the shopping plaza because of competition. He decides to oppose it at the planning meeting and drums up support to kill it.
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- TV Times synopsis: Ken Barlow is all for a proposed modern shopping plaza. But others are far from enthusiastic. Billy Walker's cash crisis reaches desperation point when his Jersey creditors send a representative to the Rovers.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,935,000 viewers (1st place).
|July 1984 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|