Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th August 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||6th August 1984|
|Next episode||13th August 1984|
Gail decides to take the job and wins Brian over by the extra money. Mavis buys Derek a golfing umbrella for his birthday. Gail takes Phyllis Pearce on at the cafe as part-time washer-upper. Hilda is upset as she wanted the job. Billy assures Bet and Betty that their jobs are safe. Mavis visits Derek's house in Bramhall. Fred assumes that he's Billy's right-hand man and is shocked when Billy insinuates he hasn't got a future at the Rovers. Derek proposes to Mavis, he tells her that she's the one thing that's missing in his life. She needs time to think.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- Derek Wilton's house, Bramhall - Living room and kitchen
- First appearance of Phyllis Pearce since 3rd August 1983.
- TV Times synopsis: Events take a romantic turn when Mavis Riley joins Derek Wilton at home to celebrate his birthday. Billy Walker assures Bet Lynch and Betty Turpin that their jobs are safe, provided they go on pulling their weight.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,129,000 viewers (2nd place).
|August 1984 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|