Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th August 1984 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||15th August 1984|
|Next episode||22nd August 1984|
Mavis is pleased that she's engaged. Derek takes her to a jeweller's to choose a ring. Debbie looks for a job but she's not qualified for anything. She discovers that Gail is looking for a waitress in the cafe and is taken on. Bill doesn't like the idea of her working in a cafe. Billy tells Fred he realises that he does owe him, he tells him he can take as long as he wants to find a job and he'll give him an extra two weeks' pay. Gail promises Bill that she'll keep an eye on Debbie at the cafe. Billy discovers from an old mate that there's a way he won't have to pay compensation to Fred.
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, front room and hallway
- Rosamund Street
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- Unnamed Jeweller's shop, Manchester - Interior and exterior
- TV Times synopsis: Debbie Webster is delighted to get her first job.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,071,000 viewers (1st place).
|August 1984 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|