Billy has thrown Fred out of the pub and sports a bruise but is pleased to have the pub to himself. Mavis arranges an engagement party and is horrified to discover Victor has been calling. Bill visits the cafe and is annoyed to see Dazz Isherwood eating there. He reminds Debbie that she's not to see him. Mavis panics that Derek and Victor may come face to face. Bill is furious to see Debbie riding with Dazz on his motorbike. Percy loses Randy the budgie when he flies out of his window. He fears the local pigeons will attack him and offers a two pound reward for his return. Victor hangs around outside The Kabin for a glimpse of Derek. Bill tells Debbie he doesn't like her lying to him and tells her she's not old enough to go out with Dazz; either she quits Dazz or she returns to school. Victor warns Mavis that she's falling into a trap in marrying Derek - she's obviously on the rebound from him. Mavis is furious at his cheek.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Jim's Cafe
- Unknown streets in Weatherfield
- On the day that this episode was broadcast, Bernard Youens died at the age of sixty-nine.
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis Riley is thrown into turmoil again when Victor Pendlebury arrives from Saddleworth and pleads with her not to marry Derek Wilton. Meanwhile, there's panic in the street as Percy Sugden has bird trouble.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,037,000 viewers (24th place). This August Bank Holiday edition was the lowest-rated episode of the year.
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|August 1984 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|