Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd October 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||1st October 1984|
|Next episode||8th October 1984|
Jack was breathalysed. He blames Vera for treating him as a taxi. Terry has no sympathy for Jack. Derek writes to Mavis from Bournemouth apologising for jilting her. She feels that she should leave Weatherfield and start life afresh. Deirdre tells Ken that she wants them to have a holiday. Mavis doesn't like the idea of people thinking bad of Derek. She puts a brave face on things and ventures out of the flat to assure people she jilted Derek. Billy invites Sally Waterman to the Lake District for a weekend. Ken begs her not to throw herself away. He admits to her that he has strong feelings for her. Rita refuses to throw Mavis into the street for Sonia Wilkins so Sonia gives the job up. Rita is pleased when Mavis agrees to stay with The Kabin. Mavis is grateful for her support. Vera goes on a spending spree. Deirdre books a holiday abroad but Ken tells her that he can't leave the Recorder. Sally advises him to go.
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- TV Times synopsis: Deirdre Barlow tries to persuade husband Ken to take a holiday, but he has reasons of his own for staying close to home and Sally Waterman.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,856,000 viewers (1st place).
|October 1984 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st