Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th October 1984 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||3rd October 1984|
|Next episode||10th October 1984|
Sally Waterman is embarrassed spending the night at the Rovers with Ken living next door. Deirdre talks Ken into going to Corfu, although he doesn't want to go. The Duckworths go to court where Jack is fined £200 and banned from driving for a year. He has parked in a restricted area and gets a ticket. Sally realises Ken finds her attractive and encourages him to talk about his feelings. He tells her that he doesn't want to go on holiday and be without her. She offers him a platonic relationship. Ken stands Deirdre up for lunch to take Sally out. An old police friend, Sgt Graham Ibbotson, tells Betty that a Police Sergeant called Tony Cunliffe is being transferred to the area and needs somewhere to lodge. He asks Betty if she'll take him in, she agrees to see him. Jack contemplates living off the state.
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Sally Waterman - Vikki Chambers
- PC Leach - Anthony Schaeffer
- Parking Warden - Pat Grainger
- Sgt Graham Ibbotson - John Pickles
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- Weatherfield Magistrates Court - Exterior
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- Location filming was conducted outside the old Court House at the corner of Encombe Place and Upper Cleminson Street in Salford. The building has since been converted into residential apartments.
- TV Times synopsis: Jack Duckworth faces charges in court and gets more than he bargained for! Ken confesses his feelings to Sally Waterman and receives a surprising response.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,278,000 viewers (2nd place).
|October 1984 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st