Betty enjoys having a policeman in the house again. Billy tries to find out why Sally is cooling off. Bill takes Jack on as casual labourer, cash in hand. Jack worries that it will put his social security claim in jeopardy. Bet likes the sound of Tony when Betty mentions he's separated. Sally is annoyed to discover Billy has told Bet that Sally has given him up. Sally tells Billy she knows how he feels about her and their relationship is getting too serious for her. He tells her that he's very fond of her and loves her. Jack wears himself out working for Bill. He fears the DHSS will think they don't deserve benefit as they've got too many possessions.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Coronation Street exterior - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Yard
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Builder's Yard and office
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Vera Duckworth finds a part-time job for husband Jack - and he lives to regret it. Billy Walker gets serious with girlfriend Sally Waterman. Will he draw the response he hopes for?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,676,000 viewers (1st place).
Bet Lynch: "I am the local expert round 'ere on broken 'earts. I've 'ad more of them than most folk 'ave 'ad heated arguments."
|October 1984 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st