Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th April 1963 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||15th April 1963|
|Next episode||22nd April 1963|
As the bailiffs begin to empty No. 11, Concepta feels the event brings shame on the street, voicing concerns as to what friends to No. 7 later that day will say. Elsie rails at Dennis for letting the bailiffs in. Dennis is appalled when they take the television and Elsie sends him to the Rovers to ring the pressmen. Minnie and Albert question him why he's returned from London. Ena, Martha and Minnie gawp at the eviction and Ena and Elsie swap insults. Elsie blames them for not standing against the increase. When she hears the press photographers are coming she feels that she's made her point and gives them the money. The furniture is replaced and she is forced to pay the bailiff's charges. Dennis tells Elsie he is back to stay though he is evasive about what he got up to in London. Rita feels put out when Ken avoids her. Dennis advises Jerry to go out with another girl to get Sheila jealous. Jerry spots Rita across the street. Harry and Concepta's friends fail to turn up. Dennis reveals Lenny wants to open a club in part of the factory. Sheila gets upset when Jerry goes off with Rita. Ena thinks Elsie gave in too easily. Elsie tells the neighbours off for allowing the landlords to ride roughshod over them all. Jerry shows her off in the Rovers. When Ken identifies her as a schoolgirl to Jack, he tells Jerry who marches her outside and lectures her. The regulars ponder what Dennis has returned for.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie's furniture hits the street; and Jerry has 'woman' trouble
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,339,000 homes (1st place).
- This episode was repeated on Sunday 3rd December 1995 on Channel Four at 6.00pm as part of a series of programmes entitled Soap Weekend.
|April 1963 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|