|ITV transmission date||31st October 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||29th October 1984|
|Next episode||5th November 1984|
Deirdre calls Ken a liar because he fancied Sally and kissed her. He swears he only loves her - she tells him to watch it in future. Fred and Jack buy another load of shirts and store them in Mike's van. Audrey runs away from George Hepworth who wants his engagement ring back. She regards them as the spoils of war. Sally tells Ken she'll resign as she's sick of the mess. Ken makes her see it's all blown over. She doesn't know if she can cope with working for Ken as she still fancies him. Frank Tyler likes the shirts and takes Fred to a boozy business lunch. Brian catches George at No.5 bothering Audrey for the £500 he gave her as a tax dodge. George tells him Gail enjoyed their kisses causing Brian to go for him. Brian sees him off but George tells him he'll never know if Gail encouraged him. Tony Cunliffe is embarrassed by all the attention he's receiving from Bet. When Ken tells Deirdre that Sally offered to resign Deirdre is furious, she must have been feeling guilty. Fred has a great meal with Tyler and celebrates having his cheque for £432. Jack points out the cheque is made out to M. Baldwin.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Sally Waterman - Vikki Chambers
- Sgt. Tony Cunliffe - Jack Carr
- Frank Tyler - Peter Childs
- George Hepworth - Richard Moore
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- Last appearance of Audrey Potter until 8th April 1985.
- TV Times synopsis: Brian Tilsley settles an old score with Audrey Potter's boyfriend, George Hepworth. Fred Gee thinks he's done well when he receives handsome payment for a consignment of shirts. But partner Jack Duckworth points out a snag in the transaction.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,514,000 viewers (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
Audrey Potter: "It isn't easy being a gad-about you know. Late nights, tight dresses, high heels. You're always fighting your body. But what's a girl to do? you don't get gold bracelets by sitting at home pickling onions do you?"
|October 1984 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st