Billy is annoyed when Hilda fails to turn in for work. When he shouts at her and threatens to sack her, she breaks down in tears. Billy feels awful and organises the neighbours to look after her. Billy starts to buy his spirits from a wholesaler rather than the brewery. Doctor Meakin tells Hilda that he wants to take Stan into hospital for tests to give them both a rest. Hilda is upset as an ambulance takes Stan off. Jack spins Mike a yarn about the cheque and asks him to put the cheque through his account. Mike agrees but tells him that he'll have to deduct 30% for tax. Bet is disappointed when Tony Cunliffe doesn't want to go out with her. Billy throws an after-hours drinks party.
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch has eyes only for the new man in her life, Tony Cunliffe. But his eyes are wandering.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,939,000 viewers (2nd place).
|November 1984 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|