Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||21st November 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||19th November 1984|
|Next episode||26th November 1984|
Hilda is hopeful that Stan will soon be home when he has a "comfortable" night in hospital. Betty warns Billy that he'll lose his licence if he continues to open after hours. Bet begins to feel that Tony Cunliffe is avoiding her. She plans to invite him round for a meal so Betty tells her Tony took Rita out. Tony tells Rita that he wants to see more of her but she is frightened of getting too involved. Elaine Prior cuts Debbie's hair. They get on well. Bet calls on Rita and asks her what she's playing at going out with Tony. Rita tells her Tony told her that he was a free agent. Bet swears they're an item and accuses Rita of getting her claws into him. She begs Rita not to go out with Tony again. Percy introduces Elaine to Mike in the hope a romance will start but she is more interested in Bill. He buys her drinks after hours at the Rovers. The Police call at the Rovers and accuse Billy of selling alcohol after hours. Everyone has to report their names. Bill, Elaine, Fred, Jack and Ken are booked. The hospital phones Hilda, via Alf, to tell her that Stan has died. She is stunned.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Tony Cunliffe - Jack Carr
- Elaine Prior - Judy Gridley
- Bernie Fisher - Colin Edwynn
- Marje Collier - Linda Marlowe
- Faye Duffield - Ellie Haddington
- Inspector - Eric Sampson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Hallway
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre flat - Living room
- The Kabin
- Ellie Haddington makes a pre-Josie Clarke appearance as Faye Duffield.
- TV Times synopsis: Another of Billy Walker's after-hours drinking sessions is interrupted when uninvited guests turn up. Sparks fly as Bet Lynch learns the identity of the other woman in Tony Cunliffe's life. Hilda Ogden takes a call on Alf Roberts' phone and hears some very sad news.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 20,197,000 viewers (3rd place).
|November 1984 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|