Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th November 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||26th November 1984|
|Next episode||3rd December 1984|
Billy lays on the funeral meal to help Hilda. Jack tells Tony how he gave the police Stan's name. Tony takes him to the station to make a statement. Trevor Ogden, Ken, Mike, Emily, Ivy, Vera, Fred, Alf and Stan's cousin Edwin and his wife Doris arrive from Ormskirk to attend Stan's funeral. Hilda is touched to receive flowers from Annie Walker and the Lowthers. Bill tells Elaine he thinks she's special. Tony tells Bet he's furious she warned Rita off; he's a free agent. He only went out with her for a bit of fun and doesn't want to see her again. Trevor finds the funeral boring. As soon as it's over he returns to Chesterfield. Mike tells Fred he's found out he's been posing as him to buy and sell shirts. He tells Fred he's fired. Hilda breaks down when she opens Stan's spectacle case, sent on by the hospital.
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Elaine Prior - Judy Gridley
- Mr Parsons - Jim Marsh
- Trevor Ogden - Don Hawkins
- Tony Cunliffe - Jack Carr
- Edwin - Johnny St. George (Credited as "Johnnie St George")
- Doris - Gill Mason
- Reverend Unsworth - Terry Gilligan
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre flat - Living room
- The Kabin
- North Cross Cemetery
- Final appearance of Fred Feast as Fred Gee.
- TV Times synopsis: Residents turn out to say a last farewell to a much-loved neighbour. Big-hearted Bet Lynch is in forgiving mood when she sees Tony Cunliffe. But how keen is he to resume their relationship?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 20,235,000 viewers (1st place).
- This episode was included on the following commercial releases:
|November 1984 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|