Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th December 1984 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||12th December 1984|
|Next episode||19th December 1984|
Bill tells Debbie and Kevin that he's marrying Elaine. Debbie is thrilled but Kevin doesn't like the idea. Bet feels that she couldn't raise the £5,000 to buy the Rovers. Bill and Elaine set the date for 9th January at the register office. Percy is horrified to hear from Debbie that Elaine is marrying Bill. Tony Cunliffe tells Rita that he's taking her for a special meal on Christmas Eve in a hotel near Knutsford - she likes the idea. The brewery advertises for a manager of the Rovers and Jack decides to apply for the job. Bill tells Debbie and Kevin that they're moving to Southampton. Debbie is thrilled when Elaine offers her a job in her new salon. Rita doesn't like the way Tony takes it for granted that they can stay overnight at the hotel.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Community Centre flat - Living room
- Jim's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: A romantic invitation to spend Christmas at a luxury hotel puts Rita Fairclough in a dilemma. Bet Lynch and Betty Turpin fear that temporary manager Gordon Lewis will become the Rovers' new tenant.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,750,000 viewers (1st place).
|December 1984 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|