Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th January 1985 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Director||John Michael Phillips|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||9th January 1985|
|Next episode||16th January 1985|
Christine Millward sends Mike her designs. Betty does all the work at the Rovers whilst Frank Harvey "supervises". She demands that he takes on someone else. Frank gets in contact with friend Gloria Todd and asks her to come and work for him. Mike is impressed when he meets Christine. He promises to look at her designs.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- TV Times synopsis: Frank Harvey, stand-in manager at the Rovers proves obstructive when overworked barmaid Betty Turpin has ideas on solving the staff shortage. Mike Baldwin is determined to having nothing to do with the fashion designer who's pursuing him. But the lady isn't easily put off.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 20,150,000 viewers (2nd place).
|January 1985 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|