Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||29th April 1963 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||24th April 1963|
|Next episode||1st May 1963|
Det. Sgt. Shorrocks of the CID interviews Emily and Doreen. They are reluctant to give a description of the good-looking robber. Ken suspects Frank of being up to something. Mavis Fox calls at No.11 to visit Dennis' grandmother. Elsie plays along as the cleaner. Mr Papagopolous is pleased that the stock was stolen as it was old stock that couldn't sell and was insured. Elsie demands that Dennis tells Mavis the truth. Frank tells Ken he plans to leave the GPO and buy a DIY shop. Dennis can't bring himself to tell Mavis.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway, scullery and yard
- Gamma Garments
- Art Gallery
- TV Times synopsis: Dennis's girl friend makes a call and Elsie hears a few 'home' truths
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,978,000 homes (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
|April 1963 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|